Colville and Kettle Falls, Washington, United States
A bartering network serving the Kettle Falls and Colville area of northeastern Washington.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Hi, I'm Sarah and welcome to the Local Exchange! My friend Judy and I will be posting weekly and we look forward to your input as we begin this community of bartering, exchanging, buying and selling. We have so many ideas and had no idea where to start, so here we are!
My vision for The Local Exchange is more or less to create community and quality of life, especially in the economic climate that we are living in now. My original desire for a cooperative type idea was based mainly on my desire for local, whole foods and now it's turnied into being something that can hopefully fit all kinds of other needs as well. We all have something to offer and here is where we can do that. Our desire right now is to see what you have to offer, share what we have to offer and begin networking with people so that we can help you find what you're looking for. We will be posting twice weekly and hopefully we'll be able to categorize the different things we have to offer under: Goods, Services and Free. It is up to you to decide if you want to buy, sell or trade.
If you'd like to leave a comment about something that you're interested in or something that you have to offer, please do so and then you can email us at localexchangenet@gmail.com a way to get a hold of you if you are not comfortable with posting your address or phone number.
We are not really computer people at all, so until we find someone who is, this will be very basic and simple, so bear with us!
I look forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Good for you to get something up here! I've been working on it from this end for about an hour and a half, but I'm not yet able to post on our blog. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete